Relationship Evangelism (Operation Andrew)
Monday, May 18, 2009
What a great time we had at the G.A.T. Calling all Evangelist Campmeeting.
Below is just one of the areas we taught the pastors and leaders concerning relationship evangelism.
You can implement this into your church if you are a pastor. Everyone should witness to their friends and relatives.
To download the Operation Andrew Card and other soul winning tools go to: http://www.revival.com/www/r.aspx?p=24
Operation Andrew (Why and How)
We have found that the most effective way to grow the local church is through relationship evangelism.
We can see through the Word of God that this was a pattern that Jesus’ disciples used when they first had an encounter with Jesus and since it worked for them it will definitely work for us.
John 1:40-45 Amp
One of the two who heard what John said and followed Jesus was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. He first sought out and found his own brother Simon and said to him, We have found (discovered) the Messiah!--which translated is the Christ (the Anointed One). Andrew then led (brought) Simon to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, You are Simon son of John. You shall be called Cephas--which translated is Peter [Stone]. The next day Jesus desired and decided to go into Galilee; and He found Philip and said to him, Join Me as My attendant and follow Me. Now Philip was from Bethsaida, of the same city as Andrew and Peter. Philip sought and found Nathanael and told him, We have found (discovered) the One Moses in the Law and also the Prophets wrote about--Jesus from Nazareth, the [legal] son of Joseph!
1. Hand out Operation Andrew cards on Sunday morning and refer to above scriptures. Then, have the congregation fill in, at least, seven or more names of un-saved or backslidden friends and relatives in your area.
2. In each service, have the congregation hold up their filled out Operation Andrew cards and pray for those on their lists for salvation and that all would come into the Kingdom of God. Then, pray for the Lord to give them favor as they approach them and invite them to Friendship Sunday.
3. Set a date that you will have Friendship Sunday and have everyone in the congregation use their faith for, at least, one unsaved person or family member to be with them on Friendship Sunday. Friendship Sunday Keys: Use the slogan - Everyone Bring One! Preach an Evangelistic message, testimonies, altar call, snacks after service with fellowship with the pastors, staff, and church members.
4. Follow Up - Each person that brought a first time visitor is to follow up on them. Example: If the first time visitor does not come the following Sunday, then the person that brought them calls them and prays with them and disciples them.
5. Teach new members and / or believers to reach out and invite others to church. Often, they are the most excited about telling others about the Lord and what He has done for them.