Why We Worship HimFrom The Heart
Publish date: 03/16/2008Foundation Scriptures: Luke 19:29-40
And it came to pass, when He drew near to Bethphage and Bethany, at the mountain called Olivet, that He sent two of His disciples, 30 saying, "Go into the village opposite you, where as you enter you will find a colt tied, on which no one has ever sat. Loose it and bring it here. 31 And if anyone asks you, 'Why are you loosing it?' thus you shall say to him, 'Because the Lord has need of it.'" 32 So those who were sent went their way and found it just as He had said to them. 33 But as they were loosing the colt, the owners of it said to them, "Why are you loosing the colt?" 34 And they said, "The Lord has need of him."35 Then they brought him to Jesus. And they threw their own clothes on the colt, and they set Jesus on him. 36 And as He went, many spread their clothes on the road. 37 Then, as He was now drawing near the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works they had seen, 38 saying: "'Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! 'Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" 39 And some of the Pharisees called to Him from the crowd, "Teacher, rebuke Your disciples." 40 But He answered and said to them, "I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out." Luke 19:29-40 NKJV
1. The reason we worship.
- They threw their garments over the colt and sat Jesus upon it.
- They spread their garments on the road in front of Him.
- The whole multitude of disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice.
They praised Him for all the mighty works they had seen!
- They said—Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! 'Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!
- The Pharisees asked Jesus to rebuke His disciples.
- Jesus told them—If they keep silent, the stones will immediately cry out!
2. We praise Him and worship Him—with no restraint or reservation—lifting up our hands; our hearts; our voices—giving Him our all.
- He is our Savior.
- He is our Deliverer.
- He is our Healer.
- He is the Baptizer in the Holy Ghost and Fire.
- He is our Righteousness.
- He is our Protector.
- He is our Shepherd.
- He is our Provider.
- He is our Rock; our Shelter; our All in All.
- He is our Lord and King.
We cannot be quiet about Him!
3. We must shout it from the mountain-tops to the roof-tops until the whole world knows!
If they could wave palm branches and throw their clothes at His feet and raise their voices in praise and adoration to His Name…
…how much more should we worship—we who have been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb and have the Holy Spirit in us to help us worship!
4. Why people don't worship.
- They are worshipping other things—worshipping idols.
- Idols of TV; sport; movies; possessions; their bellies; etc.
- Worship—you know what you worship—it's what you give your time, attention and money to.
- Idol worship is rife in the 21st century church.
It's time to worship the King! It's time to praise Him! It's time to give Him glory!