THE WORD THAT PREVAILSFrom The Heart
Publish date: 08/23/2008
Foundation Scriptures: Acts 19:20, Acts 12:24
So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed.
Acts 19:20 NKJV
But the word of God grew and multiplied. Acts 12:24 NKJV
The Power of God is in and on the Word.
- Romans 1:16 NKJV - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
- God’s Word is full of power to change a person; a city; a nation; the world.
- The Word of God will prevail over sin, sickness, disease and death.
Faith Makes the Word Prevail.
- Faith comes when the Word prevails over the thinking processes.
- Matthew 8:23-27
- The Word prevailed in Jesus’ lips over the laws of nature.
- Matthew 8:5-13
- Jesus’ Word prevailed over disease.
- Matthew 14:14-21
- Jesus’ Word prevailed over lack.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 NKJV - For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.
The Word Prevails Over the Senses.
- Romans 4:16-22
- Faith prevailed over fear and hope and sense knowledge in the mind and heart of Abraham.
- Hope is always in the future—it’s a dream—it’s never real.
- Faith reaches out and grabs hope and brings it into the present.
- Hebrews 11:1 NKJV - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Faith gives substance to hope.
- Faith is the evidence that you have it even when you still haven’t seen it.
- Abraham’s faith in God’s Word to him brought God’s promise to pass.
The Power of the Word on Our Lips.
- Acts 6:7 NKJV - Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.
- As they preached and practiced what they had learned from the Master’s lips, the Word of God increased.
- The Word of God is eternal. Like God, it is ever young and ever new. The Word of God is not only a part of Him—it’s who He is!
- Matthew 24:35 NKJV - Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
- Jesus, the Father and the Word are one.
- John 14:9b NKJV - He who has seen Me has seen the Father.
- John 12:49-50
- Jesus was fearless in the presence of disease and demons. He spoke the Father’s words and He knew they could not fail.
- 2 Timothy 4:2 NKJV - Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
- “Be ready” means: “be urgent” or “keep your sense of urgency”.
- Jesus preached the Word and it healed the sick; it broke the power of demons over men.
- The apostles preached the Word and the sick were healed, the dead were raised and multitudes received new life.
- To preach the Word means to preach Christ, because He is the Word. To preach the Gospel means to preach the Word, the good news.
The Word Makes Us Love.
- John 13:34-35 The Message - Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. 35 This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.
- Love was the unseen power that governed the early church.
- 1 John 4:7-8 NKJV - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
- 1 John 3:14 NKJV - We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
- When you walk in the love of God, you prove that you are born again and have passed from death into life.
- 1 John 2:10 AMP - Whoever loves his brother [believer] abides (lives) in the Light, and in It or in him there is no occasion for stumbling or cause for error or sin.
- The love of God in your heart takes you out of the realm of weakness and failure. No longer will your words cause offence or your actions lead others to do wrong.
The Word Makes Us Conquer.
- If you hate your brother, you are living in darkness. The Word has not prevailed in your life. You are walking as a common, unchanged man.
- 1 Corinthians 3:3 AMP - For you are still [unspiritual, having the nature] of the flesh [under the control of ordinary impulses]. For as long as [there are] envying and jealousy and wrangling and factions among you, are you not unspiritual and of the flesh, behaving yourselves after a human standard and like mere (unchanged) men?
- Many believers, because the Word has not prevailed over them, live in defeat in every area of their life.
- As long as you only mentally assent to the word, but don’t act on it, you will struggle with sickness, disease and lack.
- Philippians 4:19 AMP - And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
- When the Word prevails in your life, you have plenty for yourself and to share with others.
- Psalms 27:1 AMP - The Lord is my Light and my Salvation—whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?
- 2 Corinthians 3:5 AMP - Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God.