By His StripesBy: Evangelist Richard Moore
Publish date: 02/25/2018
1 PETER 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
GALATIANS 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
HEALING IS NOW
1. Peter looked back to the scourging and the cross.
2. Paul looked back at the scourging and the cross.
3. Healing has already been purchased, past tense.
4. The first step to walking in divine healing and in redemption is to know that healing is already yours.
5. Faith begins where God’s will is known.
6. Healing must be settled in your heart, beyond a shadow of a doubt. You must know that it is yours before you can walk in it.
ISAIAH 53:1-12 THE GREAT REDEMPTIVE CHAPTER.
WHOSE REPORT WILL YOU BELIEVE
What you believe determines how you live and what you live with when it comes to sickness and disease.
All throughout the Word of God, we see what happens when people believe and when people do not believe.
1. Believing says, “God can.”
2. Doubt says, “Maybe God can and maybe God can’t.”
3. Unbelief says, “God can’t.”
4. In Numbers 13:32, unbelief is an evil report before the Lord.
5. In Mark 6, Jesus could not do any mighty works because the people did not believe.
6. Belief is a choice.
7. In Mark 9:23, Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
8. Jesus said that IF you can believe, ALL things are possible.
9. Believing caused the impossible to be possible.
10. Mark 10:46-52 - Blind Bartimaeus.
11. Mark 5:25-34 - Woman with the issue of blood.
12. Luke 5:17-39 - Paralyzed man.
THE ARM OF THE LORD
1. The Word of God talks about the hand of God coming on the prophets.
2. The Word of God talks about the finger of God.
3. In other places, the arm of the Lord is revealed.
4. John 12:37-41
5. Ephesians 1:19
6. Two questions are asked: #1 Whose report will you believe? #2 To whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
7. The arm of the Lord is symbolic and representative of the manifested power of God.
8. The arm of the Lord is revealed to those who believe the report of the Lord.
1. Death by crucifixion was for the worst of the worst, criminals, murderers, etc.
2. Isaiah 53:3 - They despised Him; soldiers spit in His face and mocked Him.
3. The cross was the worst reproach that there was, and this is how our Master died.
4. Place of extreme torture.
5. A place reserved for the lowest of the low.
6. Jesus was mutilated beyond recognition.
7. For six hours, Jesus hung on the cross.
8. Seven things He said on the cross.
9. “IT IS FINISHED,” was the last thing Jesus said.
10. The covenant that God made with Abraham is finished.
11. We have a new covenant; Jesus is the Mediator of the new covenant.
12. God has moved Himself from a temple made with human hands and has taken up residence in us.
13. 1 Corinthians 3:16
JESUS OUR SUBSTITUTE
1. He was smitten of God; God placed our sin, punishment, judgement, sickness, and diseases on Jesus.
Notice the words used:
• Man of sorrows (pains)
• Acquainted with griefs (sickness)
2. He was wounded for our transgressions, not His own.
3. He was bruised for our iniquities, not His own.
4. THE LORD LAID ON HIM THE JUDGEMENT AND PUNISHMENT THAT WE SHOULD HAVE BORNE; WHAT 5. WE SHOULD HAVE BORNE CAME ON HIM.
5. He paid the price for us.
6. He bore our sin.
7. He bore our sicknesses and diseases.
BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED
1. The scourging.
2. Two Roman soldiers whipped Him.
3. Each stripe was Jesus taking our sicknesses and diseases.
HE OPENED NOT HIS MOUTH
1. He said nothing.
2. He could have opened His mouth and been delivered.
3. He said nothing because His purpose was to redeem mankind.
4. In Acts 22, Paul opened his mouth and was delivered.
5. Jesus could have opened His mouth and God would have delivered Him.
6. By His stripes, we are healed.