My Roadmap — The Word of GodFrom The Heart
Publish date: 08/02/2008
LAYING THE FOUNDATION
Foundation Scriptures: Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 NKJV
The Bible is Our Handbook.
- Every intricate thing that is made by man has a handbook or a manual.
- God created and made us and all of creation.
- Psalms 139:14 NKJV - I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
- The Handbook or Manual for our lives is the Word of God—the Bible.
- Psalms 119:105 KJV - Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- God's Word is our Roadmap and our Guide on the path of life.
- Sadly, many believers don't believe the Bible is the final authority for their lives—they don't believe that His Word is true.
- Some people explain God's Word away by saying that He doesn't mean what He says. If God does not mean what He says, then why doesn't He just say what He means? He did say what He means—read it, believe it and act on it!
- God's Word is firmly established and will never move or change.
- Psalms 119:89 KJV - Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
- Psalms 119:160 KJV - Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.
- John 17:17 NKJV - Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
- God and His Word are one—they can never be separated.
- John 1:1 NKJV - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- You cannot and should not try to "spin" the Word of God to suit your self. God does not allow any personal or private interpretation of any scripture.
- 2 Peter 1:20 KJV - Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
- God's Word is final authority for the believer—in ALL areas of life and conduct.
What Roadmap Are You Following?
- Your own way is the wrong way.
- Proverbs 14:12 AMP - There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death.
- God's Word will lead you to Life.
- Psalms 119:11 KJV - Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- God has given us His Word—which is His will. His will is His way.
- In John 14:23-24, Jesus says that if a person really loves Him, they will keep and obey His Word, and if a person does not really love Him, they will not keep or obey His Word.
- If you want something from God, you must come to Him on the basis of His Will—His Word—or your prayer will remain unanswered.
- 1 John 5:14-15 NKJV - Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
- Psalms 138:2b NKJV - You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
- Jeremiah 1:12b AMP - I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.
- Isaiah 55:11 NKJV - So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
- Mark 13:31 NKJV - Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
God's Word is Our Final Authority.
- Child of God—you need to settle this, in your own heart and life, once and for all.
- Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. The Word shows us the way.
- John 1:1-14
- Jesus said only what the Father told Him to say.
- John 8:28-29 NKJV - Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. 29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
- John 3:34 AMP - For since He Whom God has sent speaks the words of God [proclaims God's own message], God does not give Him His Spirit sparingly or by measure, but boundless is the gift God makes of His Spirit!
- We must obey His Word as He obeyed His Father's Word.
- Matthew 7:21 AMP - Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.
- Luke 6:46 NKJV - "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?
Let's Settle This Today!
- God's Word has the answer and is the answer for everything in your life.
- God's Word is your guide for your conduct—spirit, soul and body.
- God's Word will cause you to prosper in every arena of life.
- Joshua 1:3-8
- Psalms 1:1-3