THE INTEGRITY OF THE WORDFrom The Heart
Publish date: 08/09/2008
Foundation Scriptures: Hebrews 4:12-13
The Logos of God is a living thing, active and more cutting than any sword with double edge, penetrating to the very division of soul and spirit, joint and marrow—scrutinizing the very thoughts and conceptions of the heart. 13 And no created thing is hidden from Him; all things lie open, exposed before the eyes of Him with whom we have to reckon. Hebrews 4:12-13 Moffat’s Translation
The Word Is Our Contact With God.
- The Word is God speaking to you.
- “Thus says Jehovah” is repeated over 2,000 times from Exodus to Deuteronomy.
- God and His Word are one.
- The Word of God is a living thing.
- Jesus is the Living word—the Logos made flesh (John 1:14).
- John 14:23 AMP - Jesus answered, If a person [really] loves Me, he will keep My word [obey My teaching]; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him.
- Nothing and no one is hidden from Him—the Living Word—the word searches and finds us out.
- Without God’s Word we would never know all that is available to us through Jesus Christ.
We Are Convicted By The Word.
- John 16:7-11
- Jesus said in John 16:13 that the Holy Spirit doesn’t speak on His own authority. The Holy Spirit speaks only the Word of God. The Word of God convicts and convinces.
We Are Recreated By The Word.
- James 1:18 NKJV - Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
- 1 Peter 1:23 NKJV - Having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.
- The Word of God imparts to us Eternal Life.
- Salvation is only available through God’s Word.
Our Minds Are Renewed Through The Word.
- Romans 12:2 NKJV - And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- Colossians 3:10 AMP - And have clothed yourselves with the new [spiritual self], which is [ever in the process of being] renewed and remolded into [fuller and more perfect knowledge upon] knowledge after the image (the likeness) of Him Who created it.
- The only way to renew your mind is to study the Word of God and act on it.
- If you do not act on it, do it or live it, your mind is not renewed.
- James 1:22 NKJV - But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
- Hearers who are not doers are self-deceived.
The Word Comes To Live In Us.
- Colossians 3:16a NKJV - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another.
- Receive the Word into your heart and life—let it live in you, guide, direct and sustain you.
- John 15:7-8 NKJV - If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
- When you abide in God’s Word and His Words abide in you, your prayers are answered and you become a good fruit bearer, bringing glory to the Father.
- It is not just memorizing the Word of God, but letting the Word become an integral part of your life.
- Being submitted to the Word of God is being submitted to Jesus. He truly becomes Lord of your life.
We Are Built Up With The Word.
- Acts 20:32 NKJV -“So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
- The Word of God working in us builds us more and more into the image of Jesus—His nature and character.
- Not head knowledge—not philosophies, theories or the history of the Word.
- It is the Word living in us.
We Are Healed By The Word.
- Psalms 107:20a NKJV - He sent His word and healed them.
- Isaiah 53:5 KJV - But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- 1 Peter 2:24 KJV - Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Faith Comes Through The Word.
- Romans 10:8 NKJV - But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach).
- It is the Word of faith that we preach.
- Romans 10:17 NKJV - So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Hebrews 12:2a NKJV - Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.
- Jesus is the Author and Perfecter of our faith.
The Word Is On Our Lips.
- Romans 10:9-10 NKJV - That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- The Word becomes a living thing on the lips of the believer.
The Word Sustains You.
- Matthew 4:4b NKJV - Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
- Jeremiah 15:16 NKJV - Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.
- Job 23:12 AMP - I have not gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed and treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.