The Gospel of Glad TidingsFrom The Heart
Publish date: 09/12/2010
And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end. Matthew 24:14 AMP
The Gospel is good news! The word Gospel literally means good news or glad tidings. The Greek word is “euangelizo”, so when we talk about evangelizing, it literally means “sharing the good news”. Isaiah 61:1a AMP prophesies about Jesus: “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings…” John the Baptist preached the good news that Jesus was coming. Jesus preached the good news about the Kingdom of God and healed people everywhere He went. We, today, preach the good news that Jesus has come and died and rose again for our salvation and we show His goodness by doing the works of Jesus.
The Gospel is the Good News about:
1. The Kingdom of Heaven and of God
- Matthew 4:23 AMP - And He went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news (Gospel) of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every weakness and infirmity among the people.
- Matthew 9:35 AMP - And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the good news (the Gospel) of the kingdom and curing all kinds of disease and every weakness and infirmity.
- Mark 1:14-15 ERV - After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee and told people the Good News from God. 15 He said, “The right time is now here. God’s kingdom is near. Change your hearts and lives, and believe the Good News!”
- Romans 1:1-2 ERV - Greetings from Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus. God chose me to be an apostle and gave me the work of telling his Good News. 2 God promised long ago through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures to give this Good News to his people.
- Romans 15:16 AMP - In making me a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. I act in the priestly service of the Gospel (the good news) of God, in order that the sacrificial offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable [to God], consecrated and made holy by the Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ
- Mark 1:1 AMP – The beginning [of the facts] of the good news (the Gospel) of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- Romans 1:16 AMP - For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God’s power workinffg unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
- Romans 15:29 AMP - And I know that when I do come to you, I shall come in the abundant blessing of the Gospel of Christ.
4. Salvation and Redemption for All
- Mark 16:15 AMP - And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole human race].
- Luke 4:18-19 AMP - The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news (the Gospel) to the poor; He has sent Me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed, and broken down by calamity], 19 To proclaim the accepted and acceptable year of the Lord [the day when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound.]
5. The Grace of God
-Acts 20:24 NKJV - But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
- Romans 10:15 KJV - And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
-Ephesians 6:15 KJV - And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
7. The Promises
- Ephesians 3:6 KJV - That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the Gospel.
Hebrews 8:6 NKJV - But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
8. The Truth
- Ephesians 1:13 NKJV - In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.
Colossians 1:5 NKJV - Because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the Gospel.
9. Having a Lifestyle of Faith
- Philippians 1:27 NKJV - Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the Gospel.
10. Giving Hope
- Colossians 1:23 NKJV - If indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.
11. Living Forever - Immortality
- 2 Timothy 1:10-11 NKJV - But has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the Gospel.
God has called us believers to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, to baptize them in water and in the Holy Ghost, to get them healed delivered and on fire for God! The Gospel of the Kingdom is not a Gospel of something only in the future – a kingdom that is to come – but is the Good News of salvation and all the benefits of the redemption we have through Jesus Christ, which are available right now. We can have and enjoy His eternal life right now!