Twenty Facts of Eternal Life by JohnFrom The Heart
Publish date: 01/13/2013
1. People can have Eternal Life by believing in Jesus Christ according to God’s Word.
John 3:14-16 NKJV - And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:36 NKJV - He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.
John 5:24 NKJV - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
John 6:40 NKJV - And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:47 NKJV - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
2. It becomes a well springing up from your heart.
John 4:14 NKJV - But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.
3. People must gather fruit unto life eternal.
John 4:36 NKJV - And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.
4. It comes through searching and believing the Scriptures.
John 5:39 NKJV - You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
5. People must labor for it – YOU have a part to play to get it.
John 6:27 NKJV - Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.
6. It comes by drinking of (i.e., partaking of) the benefits of the blood of Jesus Christ by faith.
John 6:54 NKJV - Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
7. Jesus Christ has the words of eternal life.
John 6:68 NKJV - But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.”
8. Jesus Christ gives eternal life to His own - those who meet the conditions (See also John 6:27).
John 10:27-29 NKJV - My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
9. God commands people to get it.
John 12:50 NKJV - And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.
10. God sent Jesus to give it to all who come to Him through Christ.
John 17:1-3 NKJV - Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”
11. To know or to experience God and His Son, Jesus Christ, is eternal life (John 17:2-3).
12. Jesus Christ is that eternal life.
1 John 1:1-3 NKJV - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life — 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us — 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
13. This eternal life has actually been seen, heard, and handled (1 John 1:1-3).
14. People must not only meet the conditions of receiving eternal life, but they must allow it to remain in them after they get it.
1 John 2:24-25 NKJV - Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that He has promised us — eternal life.
15. If people do allow it to remain in them, then they will continue in the Son, and in the Father (1 John 2:24).
16. Eternal life is promised to all (1 John 2:25), but it is given only to those who meet the conditions of receiving and keeping it (John 6:27).
17. No one who hates his brother has it.
1 John 3:15 NKJV - Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
18. Eternal life comes from God.
1 John 5:11 NKJV - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
19. It is only in God's Son (1 John 5:11).
20. All people may know – be assured - they have it (See also John 3:16; 5:24; 17:2-3).
1 John 5:13 NKJV - These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5:20 NKJV - And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.