NO FEAR LIVES HEREFrom The Heart
Publish date: 06/12/2016
1 Peter 5:7-10 (AMPC)
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
8 Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
9 Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset—rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.
10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.
The Word of God is final authority in your life.
• What dominates you: fear or faith? Choose faith.
• Anxiety and worries are fear motivated. Cast your cares on the Lord.
• Faith and fear are polar opposites.
2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
1 John 4:18 (KJV) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
Job 3:25 (KJV) For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
• Fear is the message of the devil. Faith is the message of Christ.
• Fear is an enemy of faith.
• Fear is a spirit.
• Fear is yielding to the lies of the devil. Faith is yielding to the Word of God.
• Fear causes torment and brings bondage.
• Fear is often based on unreal things (fear of death, future, etc.).
• F.E.A.R. False Evidence Appearing Real
• Fear is one of the biggest hindrances to people receiving from God.
• Fear questions God’s Word.
• Fear paralyzes. Faith energizes.
• Fear opens the door to the devil. Faith closes it.
• DECLARE: NO FEAR LIVES HERE!
2 Kings 17:38-39 (AMPC) And the covenant that I have made with you you shall not forget; you shall not fear other gods. 39 But the Lord your God you shall [reverently] fear; then He will deliver you out of the hands of all your enemies.
• The only One Who we are to fear is God and even then, it is not a fear of fright. It is a reverential fear.
Deuteronomy 31:6 (KJV) Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Joshua 10:25 (AMPC) Joshua said to them, Fear not nor be dismayed; be strong and of good courage. For thus shall the Lord do to all your enemies against whom you fight.
Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
• Faith begins where the will of God is known.
• Faith refuses doubt.
• Godly boldness is fearless.
• The devil is a hope thief.
• The devil cannot steal your hope without your permission!
• Circumstances in life can become hope thieves if you allow them to.
Romans 8:24-25 (KJV) For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
• God makes a promise. Faith believes it. Hope anticipates it. Patience quietly awaits it.
Proverbs 13:12 (KJV) Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
• Hope is putting faith to work when doubt is knocking at the door.
• Faith or fear – Which one are you speaking?
John 4:35 (KJV) Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
John 10:10 (AMPC) The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
James 2:20 (KJV) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
• When you desire something, move in that direction and God will do the rest.
• Moses didn’t see miracles until he obeyed and confronted Pharaoh.
• Joshua didn’t see the walls of Jericho fall down till they marched around it seven times and then shouted praises to God; it was the shout that took it out.
• Are you faithful or faith empty?
• DECLARE: NO FEAR LIVES HERE!
Romans 12:3 (KJV) … God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Hebrews 11:6 (KJV) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
• There are a thousand ways of pleasing God, but not one without faith.
John 15:7 (KJV) If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
• Feed your faith and starve your doubts.
DECLARE: NO FEAR LIVES HERE!
Luke 1:37 (KJV) For with God nothing shall be impossible.