Holding Up the VisionFrom The Heart
Publish date: 09/30/2016
IT TAKES ALL OF US!
Matthew 6:33 (KJV): But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
There are no shortcuts. Today, ask yourself, “What am I doing for the kingdom?”
1 Corinthians 12:12-26 (KJV): For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.14 For the body is not one member, but many.15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
• The Apostle Paul is explaining how this works - describing how the body functions. How many people have said to themselves at one time or another, “I cannot contribute to the work of the church because I do not have any abilities and others know so much more than me”?
• Or, how many have said, “Because I can’t preach or teach or lead a meeting, there is really nothing that I can do in the body of Christ”? You are deceiving yourself. You are still a part of the body. You have shut your eyes to the truth. You need to open them to see the part that God has given you.
• Maybe, some have thought, “I cannot do all the things that a hand does. It’s so flexible. It is hooked onto that long arm, and it is used all the time. I cannot wiggle my toes like the hand can wiggle the fingers. I just cannot do what the hand can do; therefore, I really do not belong to this body.”
• That does not make the foot any less a part of the body. The foot is deceiving itself. If the ear says, “Because I cannot see like an eye, I am not part of the body,” then the ear is deceiving itself.
• There are no insignificant members of the body. It takes all parts to make up the body.
• “But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him,” reads 1 Corinthians 12:18 (KJV). God has made us and is very pleased with what HE has done.
• The Apostle Paul is talking about our physical body. He says that we must remember that the parts that seem to be weaker are actually indispensable.
• This should, forever, settle the question of feeling insignificant as part of the body. You cannot say to yourself, “There is no place for me.” There definitely is a place for you.
Join the Ministry of Helps (Unite):
1. Cloth Ministry
11. Prayer and Care Center
12. Nursery (1-2)
13. River Bears (3-5)
14. Kids Club (6-12)
15. Media Shout
16. Praise & Worship
19. Hospital Visitation
21. Facility Maintenance
22. Vehicle Maintenance
24. Bus Ministry
25. Food Ministry
26. Spanish Ministry
27. Foreign Language Translation
28. Sign Language
29. Naturally Grown Foods
31. Farmer’s Market / Nutrition
We are so blessed to be with a church that has so much going on. Pick where you would like to serve. Serve with a cheerful heart and serve with a purpose. God is a God Who rewards.
Isaiah 1:19 (KJV): If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.