Discipling the city one home at a timeFrom The Heart
Publish date: 10/04/2015
1. The Great Commission
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age (Matthew 28: 19- 20 AMP).
• We have been commissioned to win souls.
• We have been commissioned to disciple and teach all that Jesus commanded.
Each One Reach One
Each One Teach One
Win the Lost at any Cost
• John 4 – Jesus is seen as the greatest soul winner.
• Friendship Evangelism
• Jesus disciples the Samaritan Woman by teaching her the principles of the kingdom of God.
• John 4 :10 – Salvation
• John 4:14 – Holy Spirit
• John 4 :18 – The Gifts of the Spirit
• John 4:21- 24 – Worship
30 The fruit of the [uncompromisingly] righteous is a tree of life, and he who is wise captures human lives [for God, as a fisher of men—he gathers and receives them for eternity]
(Proverbs 11:30 AMP).
4 Who wishes all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge and recognition of the [divine] truth
(I Timothy 2:4 AMP).
2. Definition of a Disciple
The intentional training of believers with accountability based on loving relationships. See Matthew 10:24.
There is no substitute for learning from example.
14 And (JESUS) He appointed [a]twelve [disciples], so that they would be with Him [for instruction] and so that He could send them out to preach [the gospel as apostles—that is, as His special messengers, personally chosen representatives], 15 and to have authority and power to cast out demons (Mark 3:14-15 AMP).
From Jesus’ character, they learned:
• How to have a heart for God.
• How to make decisions.
• Good conversation.
• Doing the will of God.
• Depending on the Holy Spirit.
• Love, faith, prayer, humility, obedience
• Discipline, self sacrifice, teachable attitude
• Openness to learn
• Heart of a servant
• Constant devotion
3. Jesus modeled the importance of ministry in the home.
• Dead brought back to life – Matthew 9:23-25
• Preach and Teach – Luke 5:17-18
• Instruction – Matthew 17:25-27
• Healing – Matthew 8:14-15
• Fellowship and Eating – Matthew 8:10-13
• Singing and Worship – Matthew 26:30
• Forgiveness of Sin – Mark 2:1-5
• Demons Cast Out – Mark 7:24-30
• Children Blessed – Mark 9:33-37
• Homes Blessed with Peace – Matthew 10:13
4. New Testament Church – Houses of Joy
42 They were continually and faithfully devoting themselves to the instruction of the apostles, and to fellowship, to eating meals together and to prayers (Acts 2:42 AMP).
46 Day after day they met in the temple [area] continuing with one mind, and breaking bread in various private homes. They were eating their meals together with joy and generous hearts, 47 praising God continually, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord kept adding to their number daily those who were being saved (Acts 2:46-47).
5. Houses of Joy – Ministry Centers
• Houses of Healing – Matthew 8:6-7
• Houses of Deliverance – Mark 7:30
• Houses of Salvation – Luke 19:5
• Houses of the presence of the Holy Spirit – Acts 2:2
• Houses of Evangelism – Acts 17:7-8 / Acts 21:8
6. Houses of Joy
33 The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked, But He blesses the home of the just and righteous (Proverbs 3:33 AMP).
6 Great and priceless treasure is in the house of the [consistently] righteous one [who seeks godly instruction and grows in wisdom], But trouble is in the income of the wicked one [who rejects the laws of God] (Proverbs 15:6 AMP).
• Our house is a household of faith. Galatians 6:10
• Our house is a household of peace. Isaiah 32:18
• Our house is full of light. Exodus 10:23
• Our house is off limits to sickness. Psalm 91:10
• Our house is filled with salvation. Luke 19:9
• Our house is a blessed house. Proverbs 3:33
• Our house is off limits to vandalism. Proverbs 24:15
• Our house is a protected house. Isaiah 4:5
• Our house is a happy home. Esther 8:16-17
• Our house is an evangelistic center. Job 11:18-19