Exposing the Strategies of the EnemyBy: Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne
Publish date: 08/26/2017Foundation Scriptures:
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. 2 Corinthians 2:11
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 1 Timothy 6:10
- Genesis 1:26-28
- Adam and Eve were created in the image of God and given dominion – authority – over the whole earth.
- Genesis 3:1-19
- Adam gave control of the earth to the devil.
- He lost his dominion.
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV - “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
- The Bible calls the devil the god of this world – meaning this age, this period of time.
- Matthew 4:1-11
- The devil came to Jesus, in His weakest moment, to tempt Him.
- Jesus had to resist the temptation and pass the test that Adam failed.
- In his third attempt, the devil tried to tempt Jesus with idolatry and covetousness.
- He offered to give Jesus the kingdoms of the world and their wealth and power.
- The devil controlled these kingdoms.
- Jesus overcame each temptation with the Word of God – It is written!
- Through the Cross, Jesus defeated the devil and took back the power Adam lost.
- The devil is now a defeated foe.
- Matthew 28:18-20
- Jesus was given (by earning it) all power – exousia – the power of authority (influence) and of right (privilege).
Works of the Flesh.
- Cain and Abel.
- Genesis 4:1-8
- The first murder in the Bible.
- Cain did not honor God by bringing an offering acceptable to Him. Abel did.
- Cain was jealous of the favor and blessing of God on Abel.
- Cain suffered from covetousness, greed, and jealousy.
- Instead of repenting, he blamed and attacked his brother.
- Also, the devil thought Abel was the woman’s seed that would bruise his head, and influenced Cain to kill him.
- Galatians 5:19-21
Do Not Be Ignorant.
- 2 Corinthians 2:9-11
- God does not want us to be ignorant of Satan’s devices – how he operates.
- If we know how he works, and if we know God’s strategy to defeat him, he can’t take advantage of us.
- The word “ignorant” means: not to know; not to understand; be mistaken; ignore.
- You can be ignorant, because you just don’t know – you don’t have the information you need.
- Or because you don’t understand the information.
- Or because you misunderstand the information.
- Or because you choose to ignore or not pay attention to the information.
Merchandising and Trafficking.
- Ezekiel 28:13-19
- Merchandising – trade.
- Traffic – politics.
- Luciferian structure of the globe.
- Church kept out of these realms.
- John 10:10 KJV - “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
- Hosea 4:6a KJV - “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…”
- John 8:44 KJV - “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”
- Deception – to push his agenda.
- Propaganda – produces fear.
- Tactics – gas-lighting.
Lust of: Flesh, Eyes, Pride of Life.
- James 1:12-15
- Every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and not forced, but enticed.
- 1 John 2:15-17 KJV - “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
- First sin – lust of the eye – Genesis 3:6.
- The lust of the flesh – craving for sensual gratification.
- The lust of the eyes – greedy longings of the mind.
- The pride of life – assurance in one’s own resources or in the stability of earthly things.
- These do not come from the Father, but are from the world, itself.
Walking Free of the Enemy’s Plan.
- Psalm 1:1-3 KJV – “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”
- Joshua 1:7-8 KJV – “Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest. 8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”